The Selkirk x Catherine Parenteau Story
In a seamless fusion of expertise and passion, Selkirk is proudly presenting a collaboration with Pickleball Pro Catherine Parenteau on a signature colorway of the Vanguard Power Air.
This partnership was ignited by Catherine's unwavering devotion to the Selkirk Power Air, a paddle that has been her steadfast companion in her Pickleball journey. Renowned for her dominance on the court and a number of tournament victories, Catherine's endorsement of the Power Air has resonated as a powerful testament to its exceptional performance.
This signature paddle embodies what Selkirk and Catherine stand for – a relentless pursuit of perfection, an unquenchable thirst for innovation, and an undying passion for the sport of Pickleball. Presented in a radiant light blue colorway, Catherine's favorite hue, the paddle exudes a sense of grace and strength that mirrors her playing style. With every swing of the paddle, players will feel the unity of technology, expertise, and Catherine's indomitable spirit, inspiring them to reach new heights on the court.
VANGUARD Power Air Overview
- The preferred paddle for power players
- Generates maximum spin for controlled, aggressive drives
- Features a larger sweet spot than traditional power paddles
- Creates difficult-to-return shots as a result of superior ball spin
- Delivers relentless power, with a surprising amount of control
- Unquestionably the most aerodynamic of all Selkirk paddles
- The ideal paddle for singles and tennis players
VANGUARD Power Air Description
As professional Pickleball became increasingly focused on power and spin, the larger community discovered the benefits of power and spin, especially when it comes to dominating opponents. VANGUARD Power Air technology was developed to champion these players and provide a paddle that enables full control of the court, with performance power and maximum spin.
The first iteration of this technology was developed in Selkirk Labs and launched as Project 002. Utilizing Labs member feedback, Power Air optimizes the 002, providing additional control from the SuperCore, enhanced consistency with 360° Proto Molding, and next-level aerodynamics and edge durability with Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology.
VANGUARD Power Air Technology
- Air Dynamic Throat for quicker swing speed: Developed in Selkirk Labs with Project 002 and fine-tuned to provide maximum flex, the Air Dynamic Throat is now larger and even closer to the handle, offering optimal air flow and improved ball control.
- ThroatFlex for more power and dwell time: Created to provide maximum flex when you connect with the ball, our new ThroatFlex open throat design extends dwell time on the paddle and enhances power play, for unbeatable consistency.
- ProSpin+ NextGen Texture for long-lasting maximum spin surface: Formulated in Selkirk Labs to generate more spin than any technology on the market, our ProSpin+ NextGen Micro Texture technology features a longer-lasting spin surface and provides unparalleled consistency, ensuring you can shape and control the ball with ease, to dominate on the court.
- QuadFlex 4 Layer Hybrid Face for power & control: Initiated in Selkirk Labs with Project 002, the QuadFlex 4 Layer Hybrid Face features a first-of-its-kind blend of two layers of Fiberflex and two layers of Quantum+ carbon, for effortless power and control.
- 360° Proto-Molding for power and consistent sweetspot: Engineered to provide 360 degree composite coverage, using a proprietary high pressure manufacturing process, 360° Proto Molding technology generates ultimate power, while delivering a consistent feel on every play.
- Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless Technology for increased durability and aerodynamics: Introduced to increase edge reliability alongside the FlexFoam edge perimeter, Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology is composed of our specialty, impact resistant blend of composites and polymer.
- FlexFoam Perimeter for power, durability and a larger sweetspot: Achieved by injecting specially formulated foam into the entire perimeter of the paddle, our FlexFoam Perimeter technology increases durability, adds weight, enlarges the sweet spot, and absorbs the vibrations from every hit, for a stable, reliable feel. This technology was originally developed in Selkirk Labs for Project 002.
- SuperCore Polymer Honeycomb Core for a consistent, familiar feel: Created for the QuadFlex Face, the groundbreaking polypropylene honeycomb SuperCore delivers supreme power while enhancing your control of the ball.
Long Handle & Longest Paddle Shape: Favored for its increased sweet spot size when compared to other elongated Pickleball paddle shapes, the Invikta is popular with intermediate to Pro Players.
Its elongated shape, large sweet spot, and long handle provide more power, more reach, and more spin.
VANGUARD Power Air Invikta Specifications
Power Air Invikta Specs:
- Midweight Range: 7.7 – 8.1 oz.
- Custom weights are not available
- Grip Circumference: 4 1/4"
- Grip: Selkirk Geo Grip
- Handle Length: 5 1/4"
- Paddle Length: 16 1/2"
- Paddle Width: 7.375"
- Face: Hybrid Blend of Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber
- Core material: Polymer Honeycomb
- Core Thickness: 0.5''
- Edge Guard: Edgeless DuraEdge
- Manufacturer: Selkirk Sports
- Assembled in the USA
- Color: Catherine Blue